Located in a hilltop medieval village in southern Tuscany, the Piccola Accademia di Montisi has been founded to provide a center of inspiration for musicians worldwide who have an interest in the harpsichord, its repertoire and its history.
Jean Rondeau at Pieve di Santo Stefano in Castelmuzio, Wednesday 20th of July, at 18:00
Program: J.S. Bach, J.-P. Rameau
• Summer master class schedule 2016 now online!
• Apply now to the residency program for 2015-2016
Saturday 13th of February 2016 at 8:00 pm
Program : A Forqueray Portrait (pdf)
• We are pleased to announce that Skip Sempé has accepted to follow in the steps of Alan Curtis as the new Artistic Advisor of the Piccola Accademia.
Since the outset, Skip Sempé has been a frequent and active contributor to many aspects of the Piccola Accademia’s diverse activities, including concerts, teaching, and co-production of the Villa Medici Masteclasses in Rome.
• Alan Curtis, 1934-2015
The Piccola Accademia di Montisi has sadly lost its Artistic Advisor, Alan Curtis, who died at his home in the hills above Florence on 15 July. Only the day before, Alan had sent warm greetings to everyone in Montisi via Ben Sosland, from the Juilliard School of Music, who had dined with Alan just hours before his death. Alan was a guiding light for the Accademia from its inception in 2006. He will be dearly missed.
August 28th – September 5th : Pierre Hantai, Skip Sempé, Bob van Asperen
• Piccola Accademia @ MAfestival Brugge July 29th – August 9th
• Apply now to the residency program for 2014-2015